Monday, January 30, 2012

(Review) Children's Advil

I recently received a sample of Children's Advil to review from smiley360.com. (see my review of smiley360 here.)






Now, maybe I am just a creature of habit and just stick with the same ol', but how could I have missed that Advil makes a children's formula? I love how affective the adult formula is, so I am thrilled to have the opportunity to try the same great medicine for my kids.

What I like:

*I know it will work when I need it to. Advil is a name that I know and trust.
*The bottle I received is for ages 2-11 and is perfect for my kids' ages.
*The flavor is white-grape--something my picky kids will like!
*It works up to 8 hours--long enough to get through the night.
*It is dye-free! That is a real plus for my daughter that is allergic to many dyes and artificial ingredients.
*My children's pediatrician recommends ibuprofen over acetaminophen. 

What I don't like:

*This contains a preservative called sodium benzoate. Now, most of you are saying, SO? And, for most of you, sodium benzoate is not a big deal. But, unfortunately, my son happens to be allergic to it.

I will say, though, that I really appreciate the fact that it is labeled as an ingredient! To my knowledge, the FDA does not require it to be on the label, so I always appreciate a company that clearly and specifically  labels all ingredients.


I pray my children will stay healthy, but when the inevitable flu or fever arrives I am prepared. It is comforting to know that my children will be cared for by me...and a medicine I can feel good about. 



Disclosure: I received free product to facilitate my review. All opinions are honest and my own and were in no way influenced by smiley360 or Children's Advil.


**Like Children's Advil on FB for exclusive offers and information.**

Use as directed.
For product usage, product label or more information, go to  www.childrensadvil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment